Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Team Chaos Welcomes Tillsonburg Outlaws to Merritville







Hello Race Fans! Sorry I am a little late in updating you on all of the crazy news but first I have to tell you about these cool karts i have pictured. Sunday July 5th was a special Burris race and the group from Tillsonburg who races these karts made a special appearance at our track. Noramally I am told they race inside in an arena type build with banks around the sides then the boards. If they get to far up the banks they can roll over, hence the roll cages. Their rules are a little different from us since their track is smaller so they race harder with more accidents. They pass each other more as well compared to the straight out racing on our track. The people i talked to were super nice and seemed to be having a good time visiting our track. Some problems were that at nite we got a bit cool and some of the engines in the last race kept stalling out. With there track inside, it probably stays pretty warm. That and whenever we have a car stall we yellow flag to slow the race down. I lost count how many yellow flags were waved and then the cars would slow down and eventually a few would stall out. If anyone has more information they would like to share please comment on this blog so all my fans will get the full scoop on this different style of cool kart!


JUNE 30TH EXPLOSIVE RACE
For those of you who looked on Wed July 1st I am sure that you noticed i did not update this blog after our race. First but not probably the reason, it was a day off with a BBQ to host for my freinds and family with lots of things to get done around the house. Second and the obvious reason I was deeply depressed. The reason all you caring people may ask, well apparently I am an idiot ( but not the only person in the world to do this ) and forgot to put enough oil in poor Caleb's engine for Tuesday and i dun blod er up real gud! BLAM KABLEWE! I having chick issues competing with the boys felt SOOO stupid that I missed a vital part of your kart maintenance. My excuse was Mon I worked, rushed home to clean his kart, make supper and get my daughter to soccer all on schedule. In the rush OPPS. As it turns out, it is amazing how many guys have done this same thing long before little ole me. In fact, Sunday #4 beside Beckett Racing race 2 laps and blew up their $1400 animal motor. Do I feel better, maybe a little but not really. Oh well I will be paranoid careful in the future. So for now Dan Wilder is going to get some parts and but this thing back together for us. We need a piston, crank shaft, connecting rod some rings and gasket for the rebuild. Good Times. I just wish my money tree was in bloom or at least a bit more green! Hee Hee. Thanks goes out to Chris Long from RCM RAcing for letting us borrow a spare engine called "The Turd" and Tim Tallman for helping mount it. Also thanks to Jeff Riley for letting me borrow his spare engine if I needed that one for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment